This morning at 5am, I stepped on board the first of three airplanes leading to Porto, Portugal. When I booked my airfare - I was in the "save money" mode and didn't put too much thought into the time spent in transit. Well - I'm happy to announce that I got my airfare cheaper than anyone else in the organization! I am also the only one who will be spending 16 hours in airports between Lubbock and Porto! I'm not feeling quite so proud of myself today as I was the day I booked the ticket.
At the moment, I am sitting in Houston where I will be until 4pm today! The bright side is.... at least its bigger than the Lubbock airport. I have plenty of time for my favorite past time... people watching! Actually, between school work and work-work that is still left undone - people watching will have to be saved for the really unusual people that catch my eye.
As I said, I will be leaving here at 4 this afternoon and will be in flight to Paris, France for 10 hours. I will arrive in Paris at 8:30am Paris time, it will be between 1 and 2 am for most of you. So, rather than calling all of you to tell you how beautiful Paris is (or the airport anyway), I will post to the blog as soon as I can find a WiFi connection (and perhaps a plug as I'm sure my battery will be dead by then).
I would appreciate your prayers for my safety as well as for my family while I am away. Roy is a trooper as always, Austin is a worry wart as always, and Bryce just wants me to bring him a watch! I figure the guinea pigs will certainly survive without me - the boys will see to that... it is my beta fish, MOF (Mom's Office Fish, as Bryce kept calling him), who I fear will possibly look incredibly different when I get home - you know, different - as in "been replaced with a live one". At any rate - I'm sure I'll be ready to be home (am already actually) at the end of this journey! While I am certainly grateful for such an amazing opportunity to see the world, I really figured my first International experience would be with my hubby by my side. For now, he will be going with me through stories and pictures and daily visits via Skype! Skype (for those of you who don't know) is a technology that has made it possible for us to visit via the internet using a web cam for free- so not a day will go by that I don't see him or my children - is that amazing or what?! While I won't be talking to most of you via Skype - I do plan to post to the blog daily or as often as possible - so get ready for your International adventure! Once I leave Houston today, I will not have cell phone service until I return to Houston on the 20th. However, I will have access to email - so feel free to keep in touch!
No comments:
Post a Comment