This morning my alarm went off at 8am so I could have breakfast prior to my Spa appointment (okay, so not the whole day was "very busy")... I could vagely recall the alarm going off when I woke up at 9:15 - I must have been exhausted... I never do that. Something new that I found in my hotel room that is definitly worth telling you about is my heated towel rack! That's right, the towl rack hangs at the end of the tub and after my shower this morning I grabbed the towel and it was hot! I first thought that the shower steam was hotter than I realized so I reached over to touch the towel rack and realized... I was in heaven! I wish I had known that last night when my room was so cold. I mentioned it later to one of my friends and she started raving about the heated floor also - I didn't noticed that becuase I was wearing my slippers... I'll have to try it tomorrow (I couldn't check it out tonight because anything that works off of electricity in my room is shut off when I leave. To have electricity in use, my room key must be inserted into a slot - way to conserve... get on board America!).
At 10 I had an appointment at the spa - my boss scheduled all of us appointments for a full body massage - I guess we all appeared stressed. If you know me very well, I typically do not go for the massages... my motto is "don't touch me and I won't have to hurt you". But, I didn't know how to decline the extremely generous gift that everyone else was so excited about. This Spa is one thing that the hotel is most known for - it was quite amazing. Never having been to one before, I don't really have anything to compare it to. It is underground of the hotel and the corridors of it remind of the scenes in movies of castles that have dimly lit winding corridors that have inclining steps. It was wonderful treatment also - I don't know that it is anything I'll do very often or ever again for that matter. I really enjoyed the hot tea they gave me at the end :-).
This afternoon I went to the market down the street to pick up some fruit and some Coke Light. I loved walking through and seeing all of the things that are the same as we have and also all of the things that are different. I walked through the chip isle and found Tex-Mex flavored Doritos... have you seen those? I haven't - until today anyway. The other thing that really caught my attention, so much so that I had to take photos to share with you was the fish counter...

If you look close at this one - the dark long one in the middle appears to be some kind of Eel type fish - the one on the left is the other half of the one on the right. Eew!

This one is not very clear - just shows how open it is... ick.
Now this one you have to get a close look at! I obviously know nothing about fish - but this appears to be some kind of Sting Ray looking fish (flat anyway). That is his eyes and mouth facing you - I didn't want to cause a scene by getting close enough to get a good shot of the teeth (or maybe it was just that I didn't want to get close). Do people acutally buy this?
I guess if I lived next to the Sea I wouldn't be so shocked by it. Needless to say, I didn't buy any fish. However, that is the most ice I've seen. Europe does not use ice like America does. You will never get a drink with ice in it. I noticed on the plane when a guy in front me asked for ice the attendant used her tongs and gave him one piece. I did notice at the grocery store that refrigeration is just not used here like it is at home either.
Well, so much for the short update - my love to all and have a good night!

No comments:
Post a Comment