Unbelievable isn't it?! He has informed me that he is now a pre-teen... yikes! If you set aside the bit about me feeling like I'm aging at rapid speed, it was a great day. My parents (Mimi & Papa) were here to visit for his birthday.
He had a ballgame that was postponed from earlier in the week. They got beat 19 to 2... thank goodness for the "mercy rule" where they finally just end the game after a specific number of innings when one team is already winning by a landslide. His team is actually pretty good; it's just that this other team was quite a bit better. It typically would have gotten him down. As the catcher he tends to blame himself when runners score. But today - he something better waiting!
For his birthday, his daddy (and me I guess) bought him a new set of golf clubs. His older ones were for up to age 8 and he had outgrown them really by the time he got them. Bryce was ecstatic with the hand-me-downs as you can tell from his face in the photo. So, Roy and Andy (one of our other children) took the boys for an afternoon of golf. As for me... I am enjoying the peace and quiet. It is times like this that I am more and more thankful that God blessed me with only boys :-).
Happy Birthday Austin!
1 comment:
Post a Comment