Sunday, May 18, 2008

Continued Work on the Flower Bed...

The first thing I want to say is... WOW am I sore from yesterday! If the old adage is true - the second day is always worst than the first - then I dread tomorrow. It was a little funny that one of the normal activities that hurt the worst was driving. As long as the road was straight I had no problems... however, all of my turns were twice as wide as they should have been (yes, I have power steering). Anyhow, today we found liners for the window baskets and got the extra flowers planted. I went to two different stores to find the liners and, naturally, I found more flowers too! There is just too much to choose from!

I look forward to posting photos over the coming weeks and months as these small twigs bloom out and fill the baskets and the flower bed. It is always a welcome sight to pull into the yard after working all day and seeing God's beautiful creations growing. It is a hobby that I find peaceful and stress relieving. I used to desire to do it all by myself (well, except for the part I need Roy's muscles for :-) - now I know what it does to mine...); but I have thoroughly enjoyed the boys being a part of it. They do occasionally get a little too helpful and plant something a little off center or not quite deep enough (as I discovered when I watered and a couple of them floated to the top of the soil, roots and all). I liken it to decorating the Christmas tree... they always clump the ornaments in a central area of the tree. It is so tempting to move them after they go to bed, but... no that's the way they wanted it. So, I only uprooted and replanted a couple of things... I'm hoping the rest will grow and blossom out and I'll be the only one to ever notice (except any of you who come to house will be looking for it now). All in all it has been a fun time that we have spent together.
An update on Roy and the gang in Alabama - the girls have won their "pool" and are now in the bracket play for the national title. (I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I think that's what Roy said). They play tomorrow morning again.

No comments: