Monday, November 3, 2008

Use your right to VOTE!

Many of you may have early voted, for those of you who are procrastinators like me... tomorrow is your chance.

I have to admit, I have not been very involved in this election/campaign season. It was partly due to how busy I have been and partly due to that fact that neither candidate seemed all that great to me. As a young, uninformed voter - it is easy to get caught up in the bits and pieces of what we see in the media and to buy into what they would have us believe. Knowing that they are typically one sided, I sat down for the first time today (hey, better late than never) and began to read through website after website trying to dig down to the truth behind the candidates - not just what they want us to believe. I found much to be frightened about in one candidate in particular. I believe the President of the United States should be one who loves America and everything about her.

I'm sure no one else is as uninformed as I was, but please - before you go use your one vote - do your research - know the person behind the name and party that you're voting for and what they stand for. I haven't traveled world-wide a whole lot, but I have enough to know that America is a truly blessed nation and we are truly blessed to be Americans. Use your vote to see to it that all of the people who have died to protect our country and our freedoms didn't die in vain.

Please watch this video (http://97.74.65.228/high_res.php) - it takes less than five minutes and is a good reminder of the qualities we should be looking for in the next President of the United States of America.

No comments: