Monday, November 17, 2008

The Best 29th Birthday

Today was the best 29th birthday I've ever had!

It started with Roy taking the kids to school and allowed me to sleep an extra hour. Then he brought me breakfast in bed, including a Pepperment Mocha from Starbucks!

He took me to lunch at Carino's... if you know him very well, you know he is not a big fan of Italian food and this was a true act of love! Following lunch, he had scheduled me a one hour, full body massage. And, if you know me very well you know I NEVER do massages... I don't appreciate other people touching me. On the other hand, Roy DOES know me really well and he knows that I thoroughly enjoy it once I get through the door - not to mention that I am probably easier to get along with after I've received relaxation treatment.

When I returned home, there was a delivery waiting for me from my mom and dad - they sent me a bouquet from Edible Creations. After my massage appointment, I had 3 voicemails - one from Edible Creations, one from campus security, and one from campus maintenance. Apparently, they were all little nervous about leaving my edible bouquet at a boys dorm unattended. They locked it safely away in Roy's office.

*Pretend there is a picture here of me holding the basket of delicously cut fruit - I guess even the photo look yummy - my computer ate it upon download! It was actually my fault during download... but it's my birthday, so I'll blame my computer. Sorry Mom - I know you wanted to see a picture. It was beautiful and yummy - we enduldged all afternoon!

I had a meeting around time to pick the boys up from school, so Roy picked them up and they, being as thoughtful as Roy is, wanted to go shopping to buy me something for my birthday. They returned home an hour and a half later. They were both carrying gift bags with pink tissue paper flowing out the tops! Austin had picked out an adorable pair of Tinkerbell pajamas - fleece, my favorite! And, Bryce had picked out a brown sweatsuit type outfit (calling it a sweatsuit just doesn't do it justice... it's dressier than that - I just can't think of what to call it). Both very good choices and I am thrilled! And, of course all three of them picked out very thoughtful and fun cards.

Then came dinner - they took me to Garcia's, our favorite Mexican food restaurant. Following dinner they treated me to Cold Stone Creamier... yes, I endulged... again! Give me a break, how often does a girl turn 29?! (Stop counting!)

So, you see - it was the best 29th birthday I've had yet and I'm sure my sweet guys will find a way to make next years even better!

PS - Now, if you are sitting there wondering, "is she really 29? She looks it, but her kids are too old!" Bless your heart... you are truely blind... I mean - a true friend! The story behind it is... after I turned 30 (hypothetically, of course), the boys said something about me being 30 and I said, "no, I'm still 29". One thing led to another, they ended up running to their daddy crying saying mommy was lying to them because they know she is 30! Roy explained to them how girls want to stay young forever and that is why mommy was saying that. Ever since then, they tell people that I am 29, then they look at me and "wink, wink."

No comments: