If you’ve been living in the real world for any amount of time recently, you have heard that the world is in the worst economic downturn that we’ve seen in decades. You’ve heard of people losing money in stocks, etc. You’ve heard of companies closing and people losing their jobs. But, if you’re like me… it has not been incredibly close to home so it almost seems surreal. This week for me “surreal” has turned into “real.” In a meeting yesterday we were informed that our organization will be eliminating 4 or 5 jobs. The final announcements will be coming in a week or two. For many reasons, I feel that my job is secure and yet for a few other reasons I can see that mine might be the first to go.
My struggle is this… this has been the best job I’ve ever had, a dream come true in many ways - I get to work from home, travel internationally, etc. – so I am hoping and praying that my position is not cut. On the other hand, if I am hoping and praying selfishly for me – am I hoping and praying that someone who is possibly the primary or only income for their family becomes unemployed? If I were to lose my job I would be unhappy, but financially we could still make it – it would be uncomfortably tight – but we could make it.
Needless to say, it is a scary time for the people in my company as well as many others. Please pray for wisdom and guidance for those who are making these difficult decisions and also for acceptance and continued respect for leadership as the end result.
No comments:
Post a Comment