
What you can't see by the picture is that he has the Gettysburg Address in his pocket to read to his class. (Which, if you haven't read it recently... I encourage you to do so.)
We couldn't find a top hat, so we made one. Of course, when I bought the black paper my intention was to cut it to "top hat siz" - Bryce wouldn't hear about cutting the paper. Note to anyone who might be making a top hat some day... buy smaller paper or you might end up with something like this! He also wanted a beard, so I painted one on this morning with mascara... it lasted about 7 minutes. He was terribly concerned that other kids would make fun of his painted on beard... yes, you read correctly - the boy with the 3 foot tall top hat is concerned that someone might make fun of him. So, remembering the last time I sent him to school being concerned that he might get made fun of... I removed the beard. (The last time - he spilled water on his pants right before going to school and was worried someone might think he... well you know. I made him go with the water spot on his pants and I no more got home before the school called and said he had thrown up several times. Nerves!)
So, in light of "Hero Day" - who is your hero and why?
I'll start - my hero is my dad. My dad has been my hero my whole life - the reasons are too numerous to name here, but here is a start... There is nothing my dad can not do. He can even fly! Well, I've never seen him fly - but I know anytime anyone has ever needed him or needed something he could help them with he is always there in an instant no matter where they are... he must be able to fly, right? He is also made of steel! Well, he's more like a teddy bear - but I've seen him work tirelessly to provide for our family. I've seen him take chemo treatments and turn around and go back to work while he was possibly the sickest man in town... he must be made of steel, right? My dad wears tights! Okay - not really, just making sure you are still paying attention! Some of my best parenting skills I learned from my dad. When I was young and night fall would hit - I became one terrified child. I was terrified of the bugs in my room, the monsters under the bed AND in the closet, and the boogie man that waited outside my window. My dad was always patient to the point of even moving the furniture to find the bugs (that typically weren not there), looking for the monsters, and checking outside my window. After all that had been done, he would still let me sleep in his room or on the couch just outside his room. While my kids aren't near as bad as I was about that... when they do have problems I am reminded of my dads patience (for those who know my dad and me - you also know that that is about ALL we are patient about, lol). And last but not least, my dad rides a motorcycle! How cool is that?!
Now your turn - who is your hero and why?
No comments:
Post a Comment