Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring Break Vacation 2008

Well - it's the thought that counts! I intended to post at the end of each day with photos from the day. As it would turn out, the hotel charges $10 a day for internet access... I assumed all of our readers could wait until we got home to hear all about it :-). So, I journaled thoughts at the end of each day and here is the first day. I will post the other days as quick as I can (I have a speech tomorrow night that I have to work on too. Now you can all gasp in shock that I have waited until the last minute :-))

Saturday, March 15:
We are now in Orlando, Florida! We flew out at 5:05 am - for those of you who are wondering... we had to get up at 2:45 am! We arrived in Orlando around 10:30 this morning which left us plenty of time for adventure (following a nap of course ;-)).

We had dinner reservations at the Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom park so we spent the evening their. The Crystal Palace is a "character dining" restaurant where Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore come by the table for a visit during the meal. Following dinner we were able to capture a spot for the lighted parade. We were squeezed into a spot where we could barely see. The family next to us was from Australia originally (now live in New Jersey... not a smart move if you ask me) they were very friendly (first sign that they are not originally from... just kidding) and moved their stroller over behind us so the boys could sit with their kids right on the edge of the street to watch the parade. Following the parade we were going to watch the fireworks show but the trees all ended up in the way and we couldn't see it.

These are a few of the photos from day 1:

This Mickey head was made out of towels and welcomed us into our hotel room.


Austin with Chicken Little.

Bryce with Chicken Little.

Austin & Bryce with Tigger.

Austin & Bryce with Winnie the Pooh.

I love that Pooh Bear!

To view all of the photos in our vacation album, click here.

No comments: