Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring Break, continued...

Sunday, March 16

Today we went to one of Disney Worlds two water parks, Typhoon Lagoon. For those of you who know me very well... you know that this is not my cup of tea. I have always felt that if God wanted me to swim he would have made me a fish. I also do not enjoy prancing around in front thousands of people in a swim suit - although it is quite entertaining to see what other people find suitable to wear in front of thousands of people. For this reason, many times I wished I had my camera... not to worry, your eyes are safe, I didn't take it to the water park.


The boys and Roy love the water park; they respect my dislike for it and were happy to leave their t-shirts, shoes, towels, etc. with me in a shady lounge chair while they ran off to have their fun. Roy said I looked like an old lady sitting in the shade with my magazines... so be it! I started in the sun - at first it felt good (yes mom, I was caked in sun screen) then it became blazing hot, so off I went on my quest for shade. I found a nice shady spot still in eye shot of my old location so the guys could still find me when they returned. Meanwhile, Roy found me a spot in a secluded corner that was very shady and quiet... perfect for a long afternoon nap :-).

The only time I really wished I had the camera was when Roy got to swim with sharks and sting rays. He had Bryce talked into going with him but he chickened out at the last minute. It was fun to watch him.

We had dinner at Chef Mickey's (at the Contemporary Hotel). Then we went back to Magic Kingdom to ride a few rides. Here are a few of the photos from the evening...

Mickey and I had a word about this!




My fascination with food (especially chocolate) strikes again!

This is from the Speed Way ride (at least I think that is what it is called). Austin drove the car with me and Bryce drove the car with Roy. When we got out of the car Roy and I said in unison... thank goodness we still have several years before they start driving. I think my neck still hurts from that experience :-).

No comments: