Friday, February 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Bryce!

Today was Bryce's 9th birthday! We've discovered he shares a birthday with Dr. Seuss. All of the kids at his school were allowed to dress up like Dr. Seuss or bring a favorite book, etc. So, having his birthday and getting to dress up all in one day made for a rockin' day for him!

We stuck to our typical "birthday tradition" and picked him up from school and took him to lunch today and then took cupcakes to school.

Tonight we took he and a couple of his close friends to Main Event for an evening of fun. We bowled a game before eating dinner. This was the result of the game...
Uh huh! You're seeing it correctly - I won! Roy says it's because I was using bumpers... blah, blah - who asked for his opinion...

At one point the music turned to the "Cha Cha Slide"... this is of our little dancers. Rhythm isn't our strong suit.

After dinner the boys all got to play games for a while and had a ball (no punn intended).

This is frightening to me since Austin is always reminding me that he will be driving in five years. I think I get a gray hair and a wrinkle every time he says it.

Bryce blowing out his... knife. Okay - one strike against mom for forgetting the candles... oops. He asked on the way to school this morning if I was making his cake - I guess he remembers when I use to have time for such things. I haven't decorated a cake in so long, I don't think I would even know where to begin. Maybe next year...

Proud parents of a nine year old!
Also - sending a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our little Cole!


No comments: