A couple of evenings ago the boys were watching
Princess Diaries 2 (which if you have not seen
Princess Diaries or
Princess Diaries 2 - they are a must see... yes, even for you guys) as it was nearing their bedtime, I walked through and noticed that they were both very intent on the movie but I had Bryce go ahead and get in the shower. When he was out, I told Austin to get in the shower. He
said, "I can't right now mom, I have to read the credits." Now, with some children this is not too strange... but when Austin says he "has to read" and seems interested in doing so, it causes one to raise an eyebrow. So, I proceeded to inquire as to what he was needing to read (other than the obvious excuse to not get into the shower) and he said, "I think Mimi is in this movie, I need to look and see who plays the queen." As any loving mother would do, I gave him a "ya dummy" look and took the remotes out of his hands and turned off the TV. Then yesterday, Bryce and I are driving (well me... he was riding) and he asked if I knew who plays the queen in that princess movie. I said, "her name is Julie Andrews, she is the same person who played Mary Poppins." He got a disgusted look on his face and said, "boy, I sure thought it was Mimi."
I don't know what the rest of you think, but I think that is quite a compliment to my momma. Decide for yourself (although bear in mind one was prepped for a glamorous photo while the other was placed on a sofa with several grand kids and was told to smile... natural beauty, I should say so!):


Love ya Mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment