Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Bryce is Learning Geography (and he can spell it too)!

Tonight the 2nd grade at Lubbock Christian performed what they have been learning about geography. After singing their cute little songs, they played "pole the parents" where each child had a parent picked out to ask them the capital of a specific state. Sadly for me, Roy has class on Tuesday nights... so I was the lucky parent. However, fortunately for me, yesterday Bryce slipped up and said something about Connecticut so as soon as he turned his back I grabbed an atlas (he mentioned about a week ago that he would be asking us the capital but that he couldn't tell us the state... so I was on the lookout - not like me at all, is it?). Needless to say, when he said "Mrs. Worley, what is the capital of Connecticut?" I wisely answered "Hartford" and heard the ringing of many small voices saying "ding, ding, ding". I sat there and felt sorry for the parents whose children can actually keep a secret and who heard those same... not so small voices... ecstatically saying "Aaaaaaant!!!!" Of course all of the parents were great sports. One mom's question was Wisconsin - so she answered that the capital is "Cheese" :-) - which I must say is probably a better answer than I would have been able to come up with for Connecticut.

I have three short videos to attach, but it seems to be having problems uploading tonight so I will try again in the morning!

Also, Bryce is having his FINAL dental appointment in the morning. I know it will be his final (at least for this particular tooth) because they are sedating him... I'm hoping they have some for me too :-). Please pray that he will do well and that his "tramatization" will be taken care of with the happy pills.



Update: October 17, 2007 at 11:00 am

I am still unable to upload photos... don't know what the deal is.

To add an update on Bryce's dental appointment. I was unable to go because I had accidentally scheduled a meeting at the same time with some folks out of Missouri and Ohio (since it was the fourth re-schedule, all of which were due to conflicts on my end, I didn't dare re-schedule with them again - as you can imagine getting people together from three locations is like pulling teeth... no pun intended). So, feeling like a terrible mother I explained to Bryce what I had done and why I couldn't be there... of course he didn't care one way or the other.

After my meeting I called to check on him and they were already on their way home. Roy's first words were "I'm so glad you didn't go". He went on to expain that rather than the sedation relaxing him, it actually magnified his senses of what was going on. He said he had to hold down his legs and arms and was practically in tears... he knew I would not have been able to handle it. The good news is... once they got the initial deadening shot in he was fine from there on out. They pulled the tooth and decided once they got a good look at all of it that he did not need a spacer. So - after five weeks and four attempts to get this fixed... it is finally done! Bryce has way to much of me in him; he had decided that he could definitly deal with the pain a whole lot easier than he could deal with the doctor - chewing on one side of his mouth was just fine with him.

No comments: