Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy Anniversary - my Love!

On August 12, 1995
We stood at the front of that church, gazing into each other’s eyes.

I can remember the plans for the future we made;
Including the nine children you had hoped to have along the way.
Thankfully – God is wiser than we
And blessed us with the two greatest gifts we have ever received.

On one hand, it seems like just yesterday we wed;
On the other, you are in a lifetime of memories that dance in my head.
Thank you for years of comfort when the outlook appears sour,
And for pretending to be happy when I want to stop and take a picture of a flower.
You are much more than a husband; you are my best friend,
I look forward to making more memories with you right up to the very end.
Today, as we celebrate year thirteen,
I am forever thankful for you and your undying love for me.

Happy Anniversary, my love!

I love you!

No comments: